cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Ubuntu flat file backup

mckennma1
Level 2

I have Symantec Backup Exec 2010 on XP x64.   I had to reinstall it because the master db failed.   I can backup my Windows 7 and XP x64 with RAWS x64 agent.   I can't backup my ubuntu 13.04 box \var and \www directories.  It worked fine last week before the crash.   I can see \var and \www with my user just fine.   I get a agent error.   All I want to do is backup the two directories only.   My user Michael can see \var and \www but BE 2010 wants the agent that never worked.   I was able to get around it but forget how.   I setup Ubuntu\var and Ubuntu\www in BE2010 under user selections.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Ubuntu 13.04 is not supported.  See the SCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

Even BE 2012 does not support Ubuntu 13.04

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If backing up without the RALUS agent installed, then the Samba shares (SMB/CIFS) must be configured on the remote machine.

If Samba shares are already configured, then couple of things to be done.

1) Enable the option of user selection shares from Tools - Options - Network & Security

2) Create a Samba user in the remote system which has the same name and password as that of the Backup Exec logon account used.

Then the target system can be added via user-defined selections and the approprate shares would be visible and can be selected for backup.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Ubuntu 13.04 is not supported.  See the SCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Software (SCL)

Even BE 2012 does not support Ubuntu 13.04

mckennma1
Level 2

Everything worked till I reinstalled Symantec Backup Exec 2010 on XP x64.   I was able to backup Ubuntu \www with no issues.   I don't use RALUS.   I just want \www backed up to tape.  SAMBA and my user have stayed the same on all 3 workstations.   Nothing changed on Ubuntu.   LTO tape drive has a strange mark on it in devices.