cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 and Exchange 2010 error

trondk
Level 3
I get the following error when testing credential:
Backup Exec could not back up the Exchange database because it could not find a healthy copy of the database.

If I run the backup job anyway, I get the following error:
Final error: 0xe0000380 - Backup Exec attempted to back up an Exchange database according to the job settings. The database was not found in the Database Availability Group (DAG), however. Update the selection list and run the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-896

The user accounts I am testing with, is member of "organizational management" role in RBAC.
The servers run Windows 2008 R2.

Any ideas?
Trond

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

trondk
Level 3

Uninstall of agent failed. Lack of permissions in registry.

I had to manually set "Include inheritable permissions" on 3 registry keys and then take ownership. Uninstall was then a success.

After uninstall I deleted everything from "Veritas" in registry and deleted the folder where it was installed. Reinstalled the agent - ok

/trond

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This might be helpful:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340684.htm

trondk
Level 3
And as a said in my post:
The user accounts I am testing with, is member of "organizational management" role in RBAC.

But thanks for the reply anyway

/trond

arthrax
Level 3
Hello,

I have the same problem today. Eveything was fine but I have this error everytime. So I have just restart Backup Exec Remote service on the remote server to backup and now all is ok.

trondk
Level 3
been ok for me.
This is a new installastion of Exchange and a new installation of Backup Exec.

/trond

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Try creating a  new selection list

trondk
Level 3

under different users (selection and service)

Now i'm going to uninstall the client, delete every trace of it (files and registry) and the install it again.

A'll be back ;)

/trond

trondk
Level 3

under different users (selection and service)

Now i'm going to uninstall the client, delete every trace of it (files and registry) and the install it again.

A'll be back ;)

/trond

trondk
Level 3

Uninstall of agent failed. Lack of permissions in registry.

I had to manually set "Include inheritable permissions" on 3 registry keys and then take ownership. Uninstall was then a success.

After uninstall I deleted everything from "Veritas" in registry and deleted the folder where it was installed. Reinstalled the agent - ok

/trond

kc_computers
Level 1

Fought with this one for a while.  Was getting the " 

Backup Exec could not backup the Exchange database because it could not find a healthy copy of the database"  error trying to test the credentials.

Restarted the BE Remote on the Exch2010 server and it worked for me too.  Thanks!