cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - can't see information store on exchange 2007 server

kyleks
Not applicable
I have Backup Exec 2010 installed and am trying to set up a backup of our Exchange 2007 server but the information store does not appear in selections.  I have the 2010 agent installed on the Exchange server and Remote Agent for Microsoft Exchange license is installed on the backup server.  Backup server is Windows 2003 server R2 and Exchange 2007 is on Windows Server 2008.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I got it to work. I uninstalled the Exchange Agent and push it back. This was probably caused since i installed the Exchange Management tools after the media server and agent was installed. That did the trick.

Thanks for you help!!!..:)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

FischerRoman
Level 3
Partner
I know it sounds odd - but install all latest hotfixes using live update and re-rollout the agent afterwards.

--> http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/348284.htm

-The Exchange Information Store selection is no longer visible in the backup selection for a Exchange 2007 Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) setup after upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 (For more details, please refer to the following document: http://support.veritas.com/docs/346364)

Before this hotfix was available we had to use BE12.5 Agents for Exchange Backups...

ailsharad
Level 3
Hi kyleks,

if the issue is still unresolved after installing the Hotfix ,
Make sure that the "System log on "account has "exchange organization administartor" rights.
restart the services after granting the permission and cehck the results .

Thanks & regards
Sharad Ail

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I'm having this exact problem. I followed the guide and made sure backup exec 2010 r2 has all the rights to exchange 2007. Can you please verify if the solutions mentioned above worked....

The information store refuses to show up in backup exec..sigh

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the Remote Agent on the Exchange Server publishing to the media server?

Do shares on  the Exchange server show up when you browse the network?

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes the exchange server is publishin to the media server. All shares are also accessible. Exchange management tools are also installed on both exchange (64 x) and media server (32 x). I also restarted the media server twice. I went as as as Installin the MAPI/CO 32 bit on media server.

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes the exchange server is publishin to the media server. All shares are also accessible. Exchange management tools are also installed on both exchange (64 x) and media server (32 x). I also restarted the media server twice. I went as far as Installin the MAPI/CO 32 bit on media server.

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Yes the exchange server is publishin to the media server. All shares are also accessible. Exchange management tools are also installed on both exchange (64 x) and media server (32 x). I also restarted the media server twice. I went as far as Installin the MAPI/CO 32 bit on media server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
OK, sounds like you are doing everything correct to me

I've set the Support Flag for this thread so a Symantec Employee should be checking in shortly

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Thank You so much.....

Sacha_Brown
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I got it to work. I uninstalled the Exchange Agent and push it back. This was probably caused since i installed the Exchange Management tools after the media server and agent was installed. That did the trick.

Thanks for you help!!!..:)