Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 nur manuell inventarisieren

mars_ltd
Level 3
Partner

Hallo,

unser Kunde will den Inventurvorgang gerne manuell anstoßen, damit er gleich darauf die Medienzuweisung vornehmen kann. Dazu hätte ich gerne gewusst, ob es die Möglichkeit gibt, einen Auftrag ausschließlich manuell ausführen zu lassen. Die "Wartestellungsfunktion" habe ich schon versucht, leider bleibt dieser Status nur bis zur nächsten Ausführung der Fall, danach wird der Auftrag wieder automatisiert ausgeführt.

Vielen Dank!

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes. You can schedule your inventory job just like any other jobs.  Right-click on your tape drive and when the job appears, use the schedule section to schedule it.  Make sure that you don't submit the job on hold.

mars_ltd
Level 3
Partner

Hi pkh,

thanks for your quick reply. The thing is: the inventory job IS a scheduled one right now. What I (or rather the customer) need(s), is a job with no schedule at all, that does not run automatically but just is listed as a job in the job-surveillance-tab, so i can manually click it and tell it to run.

When I don't schedule the job at all, the job disappears from the job-surveillance-tab. Can I make the job still appear on the surveillance tab but have no schedule assigned to it?

A little background to it: the customer changes the cartridges every friday. When he loads the cartridges into the lib, he manually wants to start the inventory job. If he does this manually, the scheduled inventory job still starts after the manual job is finished. What this means is, that the inventory job runs twice which we don't really want :)

Thanks and best regards!

mars

mars_ltd
Level 3
Partner

I now set the inventory job date (a single date) way into the future (december 31st, 2037), so it won't start until then (which should be very unlikely to reach^^) but now, because the job has a schedule, it still appears on the surveillance tab and can be run manually.

If anyone knows the correct handling of this feature in Backup Exec 2010, I'd appreciate posting it here.

Thanks a bunch!

mars