cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010R3, CIFS share on QNAP test credentials failed

HenryHazot
Level 3

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008R2 box with Backup Exec 2010R3 application running fine with all kind of Backup Agents NDMP,Microsoft,VMware

But when i choose to Add and new User Defind Selection for my QNAP NAS to backup a few shares i add the  \\qnap1\

and it looks good i can successfuly browse all folders and check to backup any file.

Once i finish to check my requested files to backup i continue to Test User Credentials i get in reture Failed "a communications failure has occured"

cannot get passed this error.

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you create an account on the NAS with the same username/password combination as the backup exec service account ?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

And I would not recommnend to test credentials against CIFS shares. Instead run an actual backup and check if the backup fails or not.

Do ensure a remote agent license is installed for backing up CIFS and if this QNAP is capable of NDMP, you may want to disable NDMP or change the ndmp port 10000 for CIFS level backups.

HenryHazot
Level 3

I created a few local accounts on the NAS and gave full access permission then tried to connecte useing the local credentials on Backup Exec still no go.

HenryHazot
Level 3

I did try to run the backup and i always receive the same error with Credendials.

The Qnap is not capable of NDMP, i have the license for NDMP and my NDMP to Netapp works perfect.

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited
as mentioned above did you create an account with the same name as of backup exec service account I.e account under which backup exec services are running...and granted permissions...

HenryHazot
Level 3

Ill try that out and let you know.

Meaning i will create a local account on the QNAP with the same name of the Domain User running the Backup Exec services.

HenryHazot
Level 3

Sorry but this didn't work...still cannot backup the QNAP :(

Any more suggestions ?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you able to backup QNAP successfully if you add it using IP address under user-defined selections ?

HenryHazot
Level 3

No,

This isn't a DNS problem, i tried also to add via IP same result.