cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010R3 MP for SCOM 2007

Murdoch1000
Not applicable

Hi Everyone

I am monitoring our backup exec servers with SCOM 2012 & Backup Exec 2010R3 MP, i have many servers with monitoring enabled with no issues, however there is one server where i am getting no Backup Exec info at all and seeing errors in the event log.

the server is Windows 2003 Ent x64 SP2 running Backup Exec 12.5. the two recurring errors in the Operations manager event log are:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Health Service Modules EventID:  21405

The process started at 11:58:56 AM failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output.  The process exited with 4294967295

Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Server_Discovery.vbs" {DC5F9D20-487D-FD40-341E-7D7459301C2A} {BD6228DE-7052-7CE4-8EB7-8AED1B9324BF} servernamefqdn servername
Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 16\7917\

One or more workflows were affected by this. 

Workflow name: Symantec_Backup_Exec_for_Windows_MPscom2007.DiscoverServer
Instance name: servername
Instance ID: {BD6228DE-7052-7CE4-8EB7-8AED1B9324BF}
Management group: groupname

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Health Service Script EventID: 1010

Server_Discovery.vbs : Insuficient number of parameters. Script was aborted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the discovery script is failing somehow but i haven't been able to get a copy of the script to see what it is doing exactly.

i have tried the usual stuff like re-installing the agent, patching server with WSUS, deleting and re-adding the MP but still nothing. Has anyone out there seen this before ?? It's really annoying!

1 REPLY 1

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Looking at the event given by you found the link below for technet please check to see if that helps

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14053.operations-manager-agent-fails-to-execute-vb-scripts-logs-event-id-21405.aspx

Thanks