cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010r3 - beremote.exe issue

AndyF_circ
Level 2

Hi all,

I have Backup Exec 2010r3 installed on a Windows Server 2008 Standard box.

Basically when I restarted the services today the beremote.exe process did not stop.

Under services 'Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems' is stuck in a 'Stopping' state.  I have tried taskkill, kill.exe, pskill.exe, ending it in task manager etc nothing will stop it.

Any ideas?

I shouldn't have to reboot the server to resolve this?

Cheers,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Nope, you shouldn't and anything you have tried should actually have killed it. In this case, restart the server and then check to make sure there are no outstanding patches to download using LiveUpdate.

Also make sure that there is no anvitirus maybe blocking beremote.exe, and if so, put in an exclusion for it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Nope, you shouldn't and anything you have tried should actually have killed it. In this case, restart the server and then check to make sure there are no outstanding patches to download using LiveUpdate.

Also make sure that there is no anvitirus maybe blocking beremote.exe, and if so, put in an exclusion for it.

Thanks!

AndyF_circ
Level 2

I rebooted the server - this cleared the issue.  Hasn't come up again so far.  BUExec was completely up to date.  Cheers