cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - B2D 'Fill & Spill' issues

George_Moss
Level 2

we're having some issues with our B2D folders where it doesn't 'fill & spill' over to the secondary location during the course of a regular backup job. 

10,000 ft overview:

We currently have two servers, VMware Vsphere Server that is also the Backup Exec media server and the ESXi 5 server that houses our 7 VM's. I have two local disks on the BE server that have been configured for B2D. They have been configured as a storage pool and that is the location the job points to for our first Disk->disk stage.

Once the first B2D location fills up, the backup pauses looking for overwritable media. I have cleaned off some of the old backup sets to free up ~160Gb of space on the first location but I'm unable to clear that alert and force the job to continue. that notwithstanding, shouldn't it have spilled over to the secondary location automatically?

I think that this is all set up correctly but maybe I've missed something somewhere. I do have a call into support but it can take some time for a callback...so I figured I'd post here as well.

Any assistance would be appreciated...with all the issues we're having with this new version, we're seriously considering reverting back to 2010 R2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

George_Moss
Level 2

well here's an update...I just got of the phone with support and was advised that backup exec 2012 does not do any fill & spill functions for B2D jobs.

I guess that solves that. Off to recreate the backup jobs from scratch for a 5th time in the past 1 1/2 weeks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

George_Moss
Level 2

well here's an update...I just got of the phone with support and was advised that backup exec 2012 does not do any fill & spill functions for B2D jobs.

I guess that solves that. Off to recreate the backup jobs from scratch for a 5th time in the past 1 1/2 weeks.