cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 BETA - an absolute disgrace in every way.

GeorgeSVA
Level 3

I have been in IT for 16 years and have used Backup Exec since the Seagate days. I am in a state

of shock at how bad this new offering is. While 2010 R3 had evolved into a mature, straighforward

product with important information at-a-glance, this new monstrosity is impossible to navigate. NOTHING

ever finishes successfully and good luck finding the reason. I would  get rid of all the cute little pictures

and graphs in favor OF SOME REAL INFORMATION THAT BUSY SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS NEED TO DO
THEIR JOBS!!!!!

Awful.

3 REPLIES 3

GeorgeSVA
Level 3

I removed this disaster and am going to recommend Acronis to my client - I STILL cannot get

a single backup to run 100% clean and have had enough.

When Symantec decides to release an adult version, please let me know.

teiva-boy
Level 6

George,

Being a BETA product, it's something that is not quite ready yet.  It's still rough around the edges, and it's users like YOU that have the chance to make things right.  It's your feedback that Symantec needs to make the product better.

Got any screenshots you can attach to show what you are talking about?  What other aspects of BE2012 in comparison to 2010 that you love/hate?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

George: There is a Beta page with forums that you should be joining in order to discuss matters like this.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/first-availability-gold-build-backup-exec-2012

For everything else there is Backup Exec 2010 R3...