cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Changed FQDN of server

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

Hello.

I have opened a case with support, however while I wait around for them, I thought I would put it up here in the hope of fixing this issue sooner.

We did a DR test which went wrong so we were testing the recovery of our servers on site, I sucsessfully restored a server  XX to another server called XXB. Now in Backup exec the orignal server is missing and all that remains in its place is the XXB server, however this is now off the network so I am unable to edit any jobs or veiw any jobs for this server as it cannot find it, however it is still backing up the XX server each night.

I am unable to browse to the server or change the FQDN in the backup jobs as it fails to load any selection screens.

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

Turns out you cant restore a server on to a domain if the server is still on the domain, even if you rename the servers. God knows how people do in place upgrades.

i now have to delete all my Jobs and make them again.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mr_Wiki
Level 4

Turns out you cant restore a server on to a domain if the server is still on the domain, even if you rename the servers. God knows how people do in place upgrades.

i now have to delete all my Jobs and make them again.