cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Cloud Storage

Sergey_A1
Level 2

Hi. Please say me, how i can configure Backup Exec 2012 Cloud storgae? When i open window for configure cloud storage, i can't see any online storage provider, the only thing that offers, specify the name of the provider itself and account. I have an account on Amazon Web Services and I ptalsya specify the username and password from him, but in the end nothing happened to configure. Please tell me how I can add to my cloud storage backup exec server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...it appears that way, yes. Unless anything else is listed, you have nowhere to go at the moment!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

Hi Sergey,

Check below and see if the TN helps you at all:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74373

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Please be aware that Nirvanix is in the process of shutting down for good so is no longer an option

For Amazon's cloud offering you may need NetBackup as I don't think Backup Exec currently supports it.

CraigV

Thanks Colin, I know of that. I should have included that the TN is an indication of how to do things, which would have helped too!

I know of a competitor product with a cloud backup option that supports Amazon's cloud...is there a support roadmap for this for BE, or can it be added in as an Idea?

Thanks!

Sergey_A1
Level 2

Thanks for the answers, ie it turns out that after the stop work nirvanix, no options to backup to the cloud would not be?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Our PM team are looking at the future for BE and Cloud vendors, so you probably don't need to do an Idea. However we can't currently giev a roadmap covering future Cloud Scenarios.

CraigV

...it appears that way, yes. Unless anything else is listed, you have nowhere to go at the moment!

Thanks!