cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Duplicate Job fails with error V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.

ARJohns
Not applicable

We have VMware vSphere v5.0 and we run a full backup of the VMs once a week (BE VMware agent used). We use the Disk-Disk-Tape method. For some reason, half way through the backups, the duplicate to tape part started failing due to this error: "An unknown error occurred on device "HP 1". V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred. "

• The usual backup straight to tape works fine. No problems with the tape drive.
  • I saw other articles like this: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH154620&actp=search&viewlocale=en_... which talked about deleting my tape drive and redetecting it (you've got to be kidding?), but the article didn't refer to BE 2012.
  • Back in the days of 2010 R3, when I had duplication problems, I would simply remove the job from my policy, thus deleting it, and add it back in. Simple, quick, and efficient. SInce BE 2012 decided policies are worthless to people like me, to accomplish the same task, I deleted one of my Disk-Disk-Tape Full/Incremental jobs and completely rebuilt it from scratch. I then ran a full backup to disk and again the duplication to tape failed with the same error.

What are the new BE 2012 procedures when you have problems with job duplication to tape?

Thanks for any advice.

-Alan

3 REPLIES 3

juan_silva
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Alan

We have the same problem in one of our customer "An unknown error occurred on device "HP 1". V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred.", we are using  the Disk--Tape method. we open a case for that particular issue, I’ll tell you how it works for us, and I’ll let you know.

This is what we try so far

1. - I Already did this "I deleted one of my Disk-Disk-Tape Full/Incremental jobs and completely rebuilt it from scratch.".  The same error.

2. - Using live update, we updated to the SP1a, and every hotfix. - The same error.

3. - We delete all the drives and tape library, then restarted the services, and then recreated - the same error.

Questions:

1.- Are you running your BE server on a physical or a virtual machine?

2.- What is your library model?.

3.- And the most important, did you fix the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Juan Pablo.

PraveenShetty
Employee Accredited Certified

juan_silva
Level 2
Partner Accredited

We change the server from virtual to phisical. Now everything is running as it should be. Thank you Alan.and Johns.