cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Exception Scheduling

bret_miller
Level 4

I installed Backup Exec 2012 in November just because I was upgrading the server hardware and figured it was a good time to upgrade the software too. What a pain that has been. We are still getting used to it. It is so very different and there are pros and cons to the changes. I honestly think that overall the changes might make it easier for new admins with simpler environments to use the product.

Now the current issue. It's the end of the year and I'm used to tweaking the schedule manually since we're closed for a week. Generally that means:

• No full backups this Friday
  • No full duplicate to tape on Saturday
  • Incremental backup runs Friday (it normally runs Sunday through Thursday)
  • Normal schedule resumes next week

There doesn't appear to be a way to say "exclude this date from this job" and "include this date in this other job". So I can either stop ALL backups on Friday OR I can re-schedule the full backups and duplicates to run starting next week so they don't run this week, but there doesn't seem to be any way to run the incrementals this Friday but not next Friday--it either runs every Friday or it runs no Fridays.

Probably I'll just not run them, but that decreases the safety in having the backup should something happen between Friday and Sunday. It's just no one will be here next week to fix them schedule back up so they don't run next week. It would be nice to have proper exception scheduling return in a future release.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Exclude dates for individual jobs will be brought back in the next release of BE.

In the mean time, you can suspend your regular schedule and schedule one-tiime backups to cover this period.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Exclude dates for individual jobs will be brought back in the next release of BE.

In the mean time, you can suspend your regular schedule and schedule one-tiime backups to cover this period.

bret_miller
Level 4

Awesome! Looking forward to that next version then... and hopefully less upgrade pain.