cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012, Exchange 2007, GRT restore

Sev98472
Level 2

Hi All,

I'm attemping to restore a mailbo with GRT from Backup Exec 2012 from a Exchange 2007 backup.

I've got my media library updated with the newest magement tools and the server has the matching level of updates.  I've run the Symantec Help tool on both the mdeia library and the Exchange server, and they've reported no errors.

My steps to restore are;

I've recovery groups made for the storagegroup I'm restoring. Their databases are dismounted.

From within Backp Exec, I've selected Exchange Server, Restore, Select Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Items, selected appripoate date, then restored to another location, which I've specified as 'computername', then as a PST to c:\temp

The job runs for 30 minutes and then I get the error 

Job ended: Monday, 10 August 2015 at 3:10:53 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000395 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-917

Errors 
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
RestoreV-79-57344-917 - Unable to complete the operation.  The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file:  '-1032 The file cannot be accessed because the file is locked or in use. '

I've researched that error and all I've come up with relates to doing backups, not restores.

I must be missing a step, can someone assist in poinitng me in the right direction?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you restoring from tape or disk ?

If tape, specify another path for the .PST instead of C:\Temp. Also, if using any AV, set it to exclude from scanning C:\Temp and the BE processes. Also, do ensure C:\Temp (the default staging location) has enough free space to mount the entire Information Store.

If disk, exclude the AV from scanning the Disk Storage and the BE processes.

Also, since you are restoring to a .pst, what version of Outlook do you have installed on the server ?

Sev98472
Level 2

Hi VJware,

I'm restoring from tape.

I'm restoring to a 3rd machine that has Outlook 2010 installed, as I understand you should not install Outlook on the media library server.

I'll give you suggetions a go and report back. 

Sev98472
Level 2

Hi VJware,

No luck, same problem.

I made certain there was a heap of space on the destination server, no AV installed on server. 

The staging locaiton has a full TB of space.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Duplicate your tape backup set to disk and then restore from the disk backup set.