cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Exchange Agent

achester
Level 3

I have installed backup exec 2012 and have checked the licence information.

It shows a red symbol with a line through it on the ms-exchange agent. Its say Yes for being licenced but No for installed. How do I install the licence. Ineed to use some additional features for deleting log files from the exchnage database. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You need to install the RAWS agent (Remote Agent for Windows Servers). The Exchange agent (Agent for Applications and Databases) would be installed on the media server unlocking the media server's ability to backup Exchange.

BUT, in order to communicate with the Exchange server, the RAWS agent has to be installed. The TN below details how to do so:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179142

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You need to install the RAWS agent (Remote Agent for Windows Servers). The Exchange agent (Agent for Applications and Databases) would be installed on the media server unlocking the media server's ability to backup Exchange.

BUT, in order to communicate with the Exchange server, the RAWS agent has to be installed. The TN below details how to do so:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179142

Thanks!

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

If you have added the license for App and DB you may still need to check the tick box next to Exchange to ensure the feature is enabled in BE. I have encountered a proble in the past where by the App and DB licnses was installed but it didn't matter what I did i could not enable Exchange or SQL backp features. A case open with Support soon sorted this. I believe they ended up deleting a license directory somewhere and readding the licenses.