Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Failure to Browse

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi

I am getting a failure to browse error on 2 of my servers after 2 days of successful jobs.

I have check the log as permissions, the account sed is a domain admin + backup operator

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

See if this applies - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188911

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

The link is not valid

jayaramk1983
Not applicable

Tophe,

1) What machines are you getting "failure to browse"? Whether they are windows machines or any other machines.

2) Whether you are trying to browse any specific application like Oracle, Exchange , MSSQL or simply an NTFS file system or any file system?

3) What is the exact error message displayed on the media server when you try to browse and it fails?

4) Did you check and verify if BackupExec Services on those two machines are up and running , also the services present on the media server?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the servers, start up the BE agent utility and check that it is publishing correctly to the media server.

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Jayramk

1. These are windows machines

2. Just the NTFS system

3. Invalid credentials - But the credentials havent changed and all other windows servers can be browsed using the same credentials - Tried to add a new credentials for those 2 servers also. I got the same error

4. Yes all services running

Also i have tried to unistalled/reinstalled the agent.

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

It is published. Butwhen trying to trust the server again. The agent gave me an invalid credential error.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try uninstalling the agent and then push out the agent again.

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Done. Agent push is successful, but when browsing I am getting the same error.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try establishing the trust from the media server side.  RIght-click on the server and select trust.

Tophe
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Getting credential error.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

JK81
Level 4

Can put the remote agent in debug mode and post the log here.

1. Stop the Remote agent service on problem machine

2. go to properties of the service. In 'start parameters' box type  -debug and click on the Start button.

3. then from the Backup server try to browse the windows server again.

4. once you get credentials error, collect the log file from problem server & post it here.

The location of the log file is C:\program files\symantec\backup exec\raws\logs folder. check the timestamp to identify log file.

regards,

Warren_Chu
Not applicable

NOTE: Got the "Failure to Browse" error in BE2012 on the credential test for my Exchange 2010 DAG.  The system logon account I had been using now failed.  Then I remembered I had made a change to the DAG by removing a remote mailbox server.  After restoring the remote server back into the DAG, the credential test on the system logon account was successful again.  I do not know the reason why changing the DAG server membership would affect the system logon credential test.