cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Job summary as in Backup Exec 2010 - Possible?

chr_kj
Level 3

Hello.

I need to get a job summary report, where I can see what files/folders/databases that are being backed up in the current backup job. Is that possible in Backup Exec 2012?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Christian

6 REPLIES 6

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check attcached snap which describes options for job log in BE 2012

You need to click on Backup Exec Icon on left and need to go Configuration and Setting and then click Settings

Hope that helps

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Note that if you choose to include more information in your joblog, i.e. include files/folders backed up, the job log can be quite voluminuous and the setting applies to all jobs   Make sure that you have sufficient disk space to accommodate all these extra information.

It might be better to use CatTools to dump out the catalog for selected jobs.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136392

chr_kj
Level 3

Thank you for your answers :)

@Backup_Exec I've checked the settings, and job logs are already set to: Summary information, directories, files and files details Email job log attachments are set to HTML, but I have never received any job log information after creating a job?

@pkh, Can CatTools also be used in Backup Exec 2012?

Thank you for your help.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Can CatTools also be used in Backup Exec 2012?

Yes.

chr_kj
Level 3
Hi again. I have now looked at it, but I´m not sure if Cattool is the correct solution for my issue. I´m looking for a report like this (please see attached picture). In Backup Exec 2010 this Job Summary was shown after creating or editing jobs. Is that also possible in Backup Exec 2012? Thank you in advance.

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

I don't know why there is  not a way to get a job summary.

I am looking and if I find, I will post back.

I am looking at using cmdlets as part of the BEMCLI module but still to no avail.

I see a cmdlet called Get-BEJob but it doesn't show the files structure of what is backed up. It only references drive letters as to whether they have been selected fully or partially.

And when you type the following command, you get a lot of syntax options that I have yet to figure out. So type the following in PS on your media server after you have imported your BEMCLI module.

Get-Help Get-BEJob

The 5th paragraph of output refers to -BackupDefinition.

If you figure out how to use it...please post back :)