cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012, Jobs Complete But No Backup Sets

SF_Chewy
Level 4

I have recently have upgraded to 2012 and installed the latest service pack (SP1a) on Friday.

I've been running backups, and they're all completing successfully with no errors stated in the job logs. However when I go into the tapes themselves to examine the backed up content, there are no backup sets to be displayed.

To examine the content I usually go into Storage => Partition (my library is partitioned) => Slot Details => Backup Sets

However I've also tried looking through the Restore section and the Backup Set is not there.

I've attached images to illustrate the issue. In the completed.jpeg you can see that the job is completed with no errors. The showswritten.jpeg shows that BE sees that there is something written to the tape. The nosets.jpeg shows that BE does not see any backup sets written to the tape.

This only happens from time to time, but its frustrating because I'm not sure if the set has been backed up or not. Is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SF_Chewy
Level 4

Well I somewhat resolve this by recataloging all of the tapes with no backup sets.

I suppose there is a bug that happens (not sure when), which causes the backup set to not be properly cataloged with the server after a backup.

If anyone knows of a fix that would save me the hassle of needing to recatalog tapes when this happens, it would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SF_Chewy
Level 4

Well I somewhat resolve this by recataloging all of the tapes with no backup sets.

I suppose there is a bug that happens (not sure when), which causes the backup set to not be properly cataloged with the server after a backup.

If anyone knows of a fix that would save me the hassle of needing to recatalog tapes when this happens, it would be appreciated.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I'd recommend you log a formal support case so we can gather catalog debugs etc to look into this.