Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Licensing

Moez_Mansouri
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi
i make some confusion in BE licencing so please tell me :

if i have for exemple  2 SQL server Database Servers (or 2 exchange servers ) should i take 2 licences for application and database and 2 licence agent for windows  or 
just take one licence for application and database and 2 licences for agent for windows.??indecision

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

No, as mentioned in my previous comment too, this means you need two Application and Database licneses.

Like mentioned in the Licensing Guide "Purchase one Agent for Application and Databases for each Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Lotus Domino and Oracle application/database instance to be protected."

This means, you just need to buy one Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Application and Databasese license for each of your Exchange/SQL servers. No need to purchase a separate Agent for Windows license. (like Jaydeep also mentioned above)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Every Application installed would need a Database and Application license.

Example -

Exchange installed on 2 servers (2 Licenses)

Exchange and SQL installed on 1 Server (2 Licenses)

SQL installed on 1 Server (1 License)

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

So, in your case, you will only need 2 Application and Database licenses.

Check the Backup Exec 2012 Licensing Guide page number 9:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178479

You could keep this handy for any further licensing queries you may have. :)

Moez_Mansouri
Level 4
Partner Accredited

and what about licence of agent for windows ? or can i not buy it?

Moez_Mansouri
Level 4
Partner Accredited

this mean's that i don't need any licence for application and database ?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The application and Database license has a Agent for windows license in it. You dont need to buy it seperate.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

No, as mentioned in my previous comment too, this means you need two Application and Database licneses.

Like mentioned in the Licensing Guide "Purchase one Agent for Application and Databases for each Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Lotus Domino and Oracle application/database instance to be protected."

This means, you just need to buy one Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Application and Databasese license for each of your Exchange/SQL servers. No need to purchase a separate Agent for Windows license. (like Jaydeep also mentioned above)