cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 & Netapp CIFS shares

phollmann
Level 2

Hi everybody!

we´ve just installed our first Netapp FAS2240 with some CIFS shares, and now I want to backup one of this share with Backup Exec 2012 without NDMP.

Via Windows, I can access the share with the user which is used by BE. I also enabled the "Enable selection of user shares" in the BE options... Then I added the Netapp via the FQDN, but then when I want to browse the shares I get the following error:

In english, it means that there can´t be established a network connection to the server.

On the Netapp, NDMP is off...

Any suggestions?

Greetings,

Philip

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

- Netapp Device should be added to the list of servers with FQDN or IP address. Please check http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183832  

-   a. Change the port number of RAWS on media server. i.e, In C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\services file, add an entry like below and check selection.  
       NDMP                   12000/tcp                  #BE remote agent   
    b. Turn off NDMP from Netapp Device.

-   a. Make sure you have at least One Agent for Windows license installed. To backup CIFS shares BE need at least one Remote agent license installed. (ref : www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164448)

b. Once you create jobs by doing above steps and if the backup fails with the given error, make sure you follow the article http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166340 to disable network team first and check whether backup works. If not disable TCP Offload Chimney feature. Then run backup.

phollmann
Level 2

Hi,

with the port change, backup of the shares is possible - many thanks!

But I get the message, that the Remote Agent isn´t installed on remote server. Can I disable this error message in the logfile?

Greets,

Phil

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately, cannot suppress this exception...This would occur as there is no actual remote agent installed.

phollmann
Level 2

Al right... Nevertheless, many thanks!