cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Remote agent installs incompatible .NET 2 for Exchange 2007

jeremym
Level 3

Just upgraded from 12.5 to 2012 and mostly this has gone well and I'm looking forward to using the new user interface.

However I now have a problem with Exchange server 2007.

As part of the remote backup agent install on a machine hosting Exchange 2007 the .Net 2 Framework SP2 has been changed to a newer version of .Net 2 SP2 ( yes there is more than one version of SP2...) This has caused Free/Busy, out of office, WebMail and Active Sync to fail.

Googling this subject suggests there are known issues with .Net2  SP2 and Exchange 2007.

Anybody else had this problem - if so what should I do to fix it? There seems to be a patch for .Net 2 and uninstalling .Net 2 and installing 3.5 SP1 is also reported as resolving this issue - not tried either yet. Suggestions welcome.

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2012 should be installing .net 3.5...try applying the SP1 patch - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959209

pkh
   VIP    Certified

In case you are not aware, installing .Net 3.5 also install .Net 2.0

jeremym
Level 3

Thanks for advice - I will try uninstalling 2 and installing 3.5.later today.

I was watching the Remote agents being pushed to the servers and could see .Net 2 being installed. My software change monitoring software also shows the version number being changed.

The media server is a 2008 server and the exchange server is installed on a 2003 R2 machine.

jeremym
Level 3

Uninstalled .Net 2 and installed 3.5 SP1 + above patch without success.

Using outlook test it looks like auto discovery may not be working?

jeremym
Level 3

Finally got this sorted - had to recreate all the exchange Virtual directories in IIS to get OWA, Active Sync and Autodiscovery working. Quite an expensive processangry

For the record we have exchange 2007 SP2 running on a 2003 (not R2) server. Not sure if we were just unlucky or if this is a general issue.

Symantect support were not a lot of help with this.

HotRob
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Has anyone had any issues with this on 2008 R2?

Cheers,

Rob