cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Restore from Tape (without Job)

pacodeth
Level 2

Holy crap I've been reading these forums alot lately, and been absolutely disgusted by what I am seeing with regards to my version of Backup Exec (aka the dreaded 2012).

I'll skip all of the other issues I am having with it for the time being, but right now I'm in a bit of a pinch.

I need to restore some files from a previous backup.  The problem is, this backup set seems to be older than the Restore function recognizes.  However when I browse my media set, I see 3 older days of this particular backup that has the files I need.  I mean, they are right the f- there, on the tape, loaded into the autocaddy.  Is there no way for me to get to that data, if it's not listed under the particular servers Restore options?  

I mean come on, it's there.  The tape is in the machine, the data is on the tape, but it's beyond the stored restore scopes by 1 week (weekly backup),

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pacodeth
Level 2

Ah crap, sorry, I'm just dumb.  I didn't notice the Show Backups From: calendar options, and it wasn't set back far enough.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pacodeth
Level 2

Ah crap, sorry, I'm just dumb.  I didn't notice the Show Backups From: calendar options, and it wasn't set back far enough.