cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SP1 AVVI jobs not working after vCenter 5.0 Update 1b

Bembel
Level 3

After I have updated my vCenter environment to 5.0 Update 1b (Build 804277) I can only back up our VM template.

In vSphere Client - Events I get this message after I triggered a backup job:

Cannot login @<IP address of BE2012 server>

On my BE log I get this error message : V-79-57344-38209

I have already deleted the vCenter server in BE, re-added it and successfully tested the login against all VMs and VMware folders, but still the only object BE2012 backs up is the VM template.

Anyone having the same issue?

OK, I know Update 1b has just been released two weeks ago, but the AVVI agent was running more or less perfectly with Update 1a and since Symantec's BE 2012 SCL just says plain 5.0 SP1 I assumed Update 1b would not be a problem...

Our environment:

ESXi 5.0.0 Update 1 Build 768111

vCenter 5.0 Update 1b Build 804277

Backup Exec 2012 SP1a 14.0 Build 1798 (on Windows 2008 R2 x64 VM)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bembel
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

today, after more than three days waiting for Symantec support to call me, we solved the issue.

Basically it was the changed configuration from your hint in another of my threads (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-hangs-while-backing-vmware-vms-snapshot#c...) - "turn off AOFO"...so I turned it off and wasn't thinking that this change could have had such a huge impact. After turning it on again having Symantec support on the phone VM backup was working again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...maybe run LiveUpdate on your media server to see if there are any outstanding patches. If there are, download and install them, and then push-install them to your remote servers before trying the backup again.

Thanks!

Bembel
Level 3

Thanks, but I do this on a daily basis, this time even manually - but no update yet, so hopefully Symantec is aware of this and solves it in a timely fashion.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You might want to head on to the Known Issues section below and see if it is listed there already:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/issues

Bembel
Level 3

Waited the weekend but still my problem is not on the list yet, so I have just opened a support case at Symantec.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Bembel
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

today, after more than three days waiting for Symantec support to call me, we solved the issue.

Basically it was the changed configuration from your hint in another of my threads (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-hangs-while-backing-vmware-vms-snapshot#c...) - "turn off AOFO"...so I turned it off and wasn't thinking that this change could have had such a huge impact. After turning it on again having Symantec support on the phone VM backup was working again.