cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SP2: Restore folder from archive mailbox fails

JaapB
Level 4

Hi,

I'm trying to restore a folder from a users archive mailbox. The source is a Exchange GTR backup and the folder should be restored in the original location (the users archive mailbox). The restore job is running for a few minutes and fails with the following error:

0xe00002fc - Cannot restore one or more mailboxes. The database that the mailboxes reside in is dismounted or is not accessible. 
Ensure that the server is available and that the database is mounted, and then run the job again.

The exchange server is available and all databases are mounted.

Backup server: Windows 2008 R2 / Backup Exec 2012 R2
Exchange server: Windows 2008 R2 / Exchange 2010 with SP2 

Any help will be appreciated

JaapB
16 REPLIES 16

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I hope you have the remote agent on the exchange server upgraded, you need to push install the remote agent again on the exchange server so it is at the same service pack level.

Are you performing a redirect restore ?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also, have you already updated BE media server and the remote agents with SP2

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can verify that the remote agent on the exchange server/s "all agents on all servers in the DAG if your using a DAG must be upgraded to the current version" by browsing the the following location C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec view the properties of beremote under the general tab verify that the versioning is the same on all machines 14.0.1798.1244. if it is not please update and attempt the restore again. if your still seeing failure you can attempt to perform a redirected restore to the origional mailbox location. 

JaapB
Level 4

I'm not performing a reditect restore. I'm restoring to the original location.

The version of the beremote is 14.0.1798.1244

I will give the redirect a try. 

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are you running a DAG... and if so did you verify the version of Beremote is the same for all boxes

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Is the account you are using to run a restore have a mailbox not hidden from GAL. Also make sure if the account is configured as a System Logon Account.

Thanks

JaapB
Level 4

Both the BE 21012 media server and the remote agent on the Exchange server have been upgraded to SP2.

JaapB
Level 4

We are not running a DAG. 

JaapB
Level 4

The mailbox of the restore account is not hidden. This account is the system logon account.

JaapB
Level 4

How do i specify the archive mailbox to redirect to in Backup Exec 2012? 

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

If you are doing a redirect restore to a different mailbox then make sure you use the display name of the mailbox rather than alias name.

Thanks

JaapB
Level 4

If i use the diplay name the restore is succesfull. But when i check the Job History nothing seems to be restored. I also noticed that BE tries to restore to a store in which the archive mailbox does not reside.

I included a snapshot of the redirect screen with the display name of the mailbox to redirect to. Maybe something is missing??

Redirect Restore.jpg

JaapB
Level 4

With SGmon i create a log of the archive items restore and noticed the following:

[fsys\jet] - Jet: Copy file failed for X:\BEData\IMG000364\exchmem.dll.  0x2, The system cannot find the file specified.
[fsys\jet] - Jet: Copy file failed for X:\BEData\IMG000364\exosal.dll.  0x2, The system cannot find the file specified.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

Could you upload the complete log file. 

JaapB
Level 4

Here is the log file. 

Jaydeep_S
Level 6

This log doesn't seem to show the exact issue. Did you enable logging on Exchange server. If so, please post that log.

Suggest you to open a support ticket as it might need some advanced debugging to get get to the root of this issue.