cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SP4

Bash
Level 4

Hi,

I am using backup exec 2012 SP4 which is installed on windows server 2008 R2. And i am backup Data server and SQL databases, Backup was working fine but since two weeks it is not backing  up to my deduplicaiton storage drive.It give an Final Error : 0*2000040d-S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT.So, can anybody can help me to find the solution.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Pls do not repost identical queries - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2012-sp4

Bash
Level 4

Dear,

I need the solution for my issues with backup. As the backup is not working since 2 weeks now. You just mentioned that it is because of the faulty/corrupt media. But why the backup is working fine with the storage but it is not working with the deduplication storage drive. If there is faulty / corrupt media how to rectify it and how should i find a solution. I already register a support case with symantec as you suggested and waiting for there reply. But i need the solution ASAP.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The reason I suggested to log a support case is to identify the problematic media and this can take time depending upon the size of the DeDupe storage. This is done via debugging and an internal tool which is not available via the forums.

Secondly, this affects problematic media associated with the DeDupe storage, which is why your other backups to non-DeDupe will work fine.

Lastly, would you PM me the support case number ? Thanks.

Bash
Level 4

Hi,

MY Support Case Number: 08280264