cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - Servers with status Never Backed up

StineSYS
Level 2

Hi all,

I have an frustrating issue with a bunch of virtual servers (currently 70)  that are dragged into CASO server and they are all listed as Never backed up.

These servers have no jobs connected to them, they have no agent installed locally, and there have never been a job or a agent on them.

If i remove them, they come back. For me that sounds like there is a setting on the CASO server that looks for servers somehow, or I have maybe failed during setup and installation of 2012.

Any one that have had this issue? Any tip to me regarding how i can remove them from the Backup and Restore tab overview? Any setting that i have not yet seen or found that can stop this madness ..lol :)

My environment:

1 CASO server

13 Managed backup exec servers

Windows Server 2008 R2

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check below link

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185820

Hope that helps

Thanks

StineSYS
Level 2

Thanks for answer :)

So, does this mean that i cannot in any way remove these servers from the list?

I understand the issue with getting the correct status on the servers, but are there no way of removing these from being listed at all?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi 

Whenever you add the name of ESX or Vcenter  the virtual machines under it are added automatically so as per your above comment if you are not protecting any of the virtual machine on that ESX host you can just remove the name of ESX with all virtual machine...Because when you add the name of ESX this would get added automatically so as you can protect them.....

Hope that helps

Thanks

StineSYS
Level 2

Hi again,

Yes, the Vcenter server is there. But removing it does not help. It comes back in again, and drag all ohter virtual servers with it.

But, i have done some digging, and i see that there have been jobs running both Full and Inc jobs towards both the Vcenter server and other virtual servers for several months ago. When we redesigned the jobs again, we stopped backing up these servers using backup exec. and the agents was removed from them.

Is there something else that need to be done on these servers, or on the Vcenter server, so that it no longer can communicate with the CASO server?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

This individual server will be added automatically by design as there main purpose is when you do GRT backup you can restore the individual file and folder restore from the respective virtual machine as from Vcenter or Esx you would only have option to restore vmdk.

So this machine will be added automatically once you do backup....

Thanks