cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a Released

Turls
Level 6

Backup Exec 2012 SP1a has been released today. Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a will replace/supercede the previously released Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1.

Here is a TECHNOTE that contains a list of known issues and enhancements resolved with Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a.

120 REPLIES 120

zak2011
Level 6

I tried what you have suggested but it didnt work. Please find attached a snapshot of the error.

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee

Zak:

I would like to help you resolve this issue.  I will need some addtional information, namely a Verbose MSI log, the Live Update log, and the Backup Inst log files.  I would be more than happy to walk you through this process or do it for you.  Please send me a private message with your contact information and I will contact you.

Thanks,

Joshua

b_______k
Level 2

Same here.  I'm also seeing the corrupted SP1 live update BE2012.

Judh
Level 4
I am also having an issue installing the latest patch. I can't use Live update due to network configuration so I downloaded the BE1798RSP1a_32bit.exe installer, Ran it and it failed to complete, rolled back the install, and required a reboot to open backup exec 2012 again.

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee

Judh:

I would like to help you resolve this issue.  I will need some addtional information, namely a Verbose MSI log, the Live Update log, and the Backup Inst log files.  I would be more than happy to walk you through this process or do it for you.  Please send me a private message with your contact information and I will contact you.

Thanks,

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee

b_____k

Thanks,

b_______k
Level 2

I see script.dis in 1339540304jtunsp01ax64bit.zip (i.e. liveupdate SP1a) contains:

LAUNCHEX( TempDir, patchsetup.exe,"/NAME:Hotfix 186717 (x64) /UI:NONE", 1 )

Should it reference the following?

LAUNCHEX( TempDir, patchsetup.exe,"/NAME:Hotfix 189907 (x64) /UI:NONE", 1 )

Rgs.

Brent

jpk
Level 4

I think I'll wait for SP1-b.

b_______k
Level 2

It appears that Live Update may have required elevated privileges.

b_______k
Level 2

subject says it all.

Joshua_Kane
Level 6
Employee

Glad to hear that running with elevated privilages resolved the issue for you.   I will also be talking to the Live Update folks to see if we can generate a more intuative message in situations like this.

I would suggest that anyone else having this issue follow one of the two procedures below

Solution 1:

1. Right click on the Backup Exec shortcut and select, Run As Administrator.
2. Run Live Update again. The Console and LiveUpdate now have Admin rights.

Solution 2: Disable User Account Control (UAC).

Please note this process will require a reboot.

1. Go to Start | Control Panel | User Accounts
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
     a. Click continue in case a UAC warning appears.
3. Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
4. Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

cord
Level 4

After fighting through SP1 and then trying to get SP1a installed to correct issues in SP1 with BE Server Service stopping...I thought I was all good to go

However, I am not getting the following error message from one of my agent managed servers that is backing up with Client Side De-Duplication.

The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered: Client-side deduplication is enabled for this job, but it could not be used. Please check this link for additional information: http://entsupport.symantec.com/umi/V-79-18273.

And, click on the link is of no benefit as Symantec is not finding any articles.

Really getting frustrated at this point.

We have one media server and 5 agent managed servers all running with Client Side Deduplication. Server is question is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition 64-Bit.

How do I diagnose this issue?

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

cord - did y ou update the servers with Remote Agent  (RAWS) to SP1a and reboot them after the upgrade?

I'm looking into why that link isn't resolving to the appropriate article as well.

cord
Level 4

I used our BE Media Server to push updates to all managed computers. This was successful. I then rebooted each Agent Managed Server individually.

Also, I rebooted agent managed server in question again this morning and then ran a backup again and got the exact same error.

JuergenB
   VIP   

I have more bugs now. crying

bengines keeps crashing, simple bugs are not even solved. crying

duplicate jobs aren´t working ... crying

Tape drives appear twice with different serials ...crying

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

JuergenB, can you DM me your contact information and/or support case number.  I'd like to get an engineer work with you to assist.  We have gotten very positive feedback on this release from other customers, so I want to make sure we get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

cord
Level 4

are you still looking into this?

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Yes, looking into it still.

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Cord - Yes still looking into this, working with an engineer now and researching this.

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

Did you just change the jobs to use Client Side Dedupe? If so make sure services were restarted afterwards:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185521

You can also take a look at these troubleshooting tips:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77683

If neither one of these assist, I would need to get you to send me some debugging logs, here is how to enable them:  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH126170