cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a Released

Turls
Level 6

Backup Exec 2012 SP1a has been released today. Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a will replace/supercede the previously released Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1.

Here is a TECHNOTE that contains a list of known issues and enhancements resolved with Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a.

120 REPLIES 120

SG
Level 4

@Symantec: What did you do with this Backup tool. I'm amazed that you were able to make version 2012 even worse with SP1... wink You are the Nokia for software... smiley

Will this ever stop? Remembering at Windows NT SP6a

EliasA
Employee CPEP

Hey SG - What is the issue you are experiencing?  Hard to assist with the information you posted. ;)

Place
Not applicable

Thanks for your information , I like you lol

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

So when Live Update sits there on what looks like about 98% of the install for a long time with no CPU activitity... it's a good sign.... right??

Downloaded file and installed. Now just sitting there with no activity and no other messages. At what stage do I reboot and/or go home?

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

At what stage and will I get a message telling me this? Still waiting for update to finish.. 23 minutes so far

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

After forever I decided to restart. Now I get this message when I try to rerun it

LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran.  This update was not applied.

So it didn't install and now it won't install. My backups keep stopping and the service needs to be restarted..

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

is there any way to uninstall the bug "SP1a" ?

I now have the application crash at deduplication jobs...

Faulting application name: bengine.exe, version: 14.0.1798.105, time stamp: 0x4fa3de72

Faulting module name: bengine.exe, version: 14.0.1798.105, time stamp: 0x4fa3de72

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000053097c

Faulting process id: 0x99c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd4af5c911cb7f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe

Report Id: 826ca758-b6f6-11e1-95d8-bc305bd094b9

JuergenB
   VIP   

The bengien crashes on a duplicate jobs reproducible .

After the crash the Tape gets duplicated with different Media ID´s.
One tape with media ID has no location and a new media ID and fake BackupSets.

The other tape within my tape lib. gets marked as bad media,
has a new media id and has no BackupSets at all.

Please can anyone tell me how to remove the Serive Pack ...

Leonardo_Dias
Level 3
Partner Accredited

After SP1 upgrade, my duplicate jobs aren't working. I'm just waiting the finishing of a job to install the SP1a.

Good luck for everyone

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

I finally got it to install, what a mission. Now when I acknowledge Active alerts it takes so long to acknowledge it times out and if I disconnect I can't reconnect without a reboot.

LMAO I just took tapes out of the main server. Loaded in the replacements and the inventory request timed out... FML...

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

Amen.. I need this gone. Or Symantec BE 2012 is gone..

Chionk
Not applicable

I got the same problem. It's very critical for my system. Anyone can help???

arielc
Level 4

Applying service packs are horrifying these days. smiley

I'll wait till almost 80% could install it problem free.

_Bugs_
Level 5

How can i see if the update process worked? I tried it today over LiveUpdate and i got no error at all. When i try to search fo additional updates there is nothing more available but in the Console shows up Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 and installed Updates means Service Pack 1.

EliasA
Employee CPEP

To confirm if SP1a is installed, check under Add/Remove Programs, it would show SP1a listed there.

Dave_OKeefe
Level 4

Which is a misnomer as it is unable to be removed.

xadox
Level 5

Somehow I am not able to download 2012 with embedded SP1a.

FileConnect is showing me only "Backup_Exec_2012_14.0.1798_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip"

While I made the upgrade from 2010 R3 to 2012 and installed afterwards the SP1a I have now SQL errors.

EliasA
Employee CPEP

What are the SQL errors that you are receiving?
Also, the files on FileConnect are expected to go live on/by Thursday morning (6/21/2012).

cord
Level 4

Still having sparatic problems with BE 2012 SP1a

Is there any updates coming for SP1a? Maybe like a SP1b?

Our Environment - One Media Server and 5 Agent Managed Servers all running Windows Server 2008

- I have one Agent Managed Server that is no longer deduping since installing Sp1a, all other agent managed servers are working fine. No changes were made to the Backup Job. I have already checked Article TECH185521 and all is good.

- LiveUpdate is still showing that Sp1a needs to be installed even though it already is according the Windows Server 2008 Add/Remove Programs. How to resolve

- Another Agent Managed failing when backup job runs for client-side dedupe to our NAS ( all other agent managed jobs are running fine)

Backup- \\aeroeng02\D:Storage device "Deduplication disk storage on NAS N2332:6" reported an error on a request to read data from media.

Error reported:

No more data is on the tape.

V-79-57344-34029 - A hardware error occurred.

V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

Storage device "Deduplication disk storage on NAS N2332:6" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:

0x17
V-79-57344-34028 - A backup storage read/write error has occurred.

If the storage is tape based, this is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive.  Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again.  If the problem persists, try a different tape.  You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues.

If the storage is disk based, check that the storage subsystem is functioning properly.  Review any system logs or vendor specific logs associated with the storage to help determine the source of the problem.  You may also want to check any vendor specific documentation for troubleshooting recommendations.

cord
Level 4

Just received an invite for BETA TESTING BE 2012 R2!

Are you kidding me! I am still BETA TESTING BE 2012 SP1a!

Sorry Symantec, had to vent a little.