cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 and Incremental Exchange 2003 Issue

float
Level 3

Hi all,

when i use backup exec 2012 to do daily incremantal backup for exchange 2003, i got the following error, but actually i have run the full backup twice.

Anyone has some suggestion about this issue?

the backup option for ADFO and exchange options is as below :

In fact, if i disable the AOFO option when backup, the weekly full backup and daily incremantal backup are all successful, but the backup data size for Information Store is zero bytes, i think it's not normal.

Does anyone can help? Thank you all very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check below link to resolve the issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185251

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please check below link to resolve the issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185251

Thanks

float
Level 3

hi , thanks for your kindly reply.

Per the suggestion,  i have disabled the AOFO, and the daily incremantal indeed runs successfully. But both the size of full backup and incremantal backup of Information Store data is zero.

and how can i "Create a separate job for Exchange Information Store" in BE 2012?

thanks very much.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

In Backup exec 2012 seperate job means you have to create full backup and add stage for incremental backup were keep AOFO disabled as it would be on by default.

Moreover as per your above comment "But both the size of full backup and incremantal backup of Information Store data is zero." were do you check the size of it and were do you see it as 0

Hope that helps

Thanks

float
Level 3

hi,

thans for your kindly reply.

If so, i do seperate the full backup and incremantal backup.

after unchecked any options in AOFO, and backup size of full and incremantal is as below.

Is this normanl? Can i use the backup to restore the Information Store data?

Best and Regards,

Nigel Yu

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Yes that is fine & with backup exec you can do restore of entire mailbox database or you can do restore of single individual mailbox or emails

Thanks

float
Level 3

hi,

thanks for your kindly reply.

i have tried to restore our email information store, but as you see in 9 Nov, the restored data size is 0 Bytes.

How can I restore my data from 0 bytes ?

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

It would be good if you duplicate that backup set from tape to disk & then check

Thanks

float
Level 3

Hi,

OK, thanks. Our original data is several hundred giga-bytes. I will try to restore our Information Store Data this weekend, after that, I will give feedback next Monday. thanks.

Best and Regards,

Nigel Yu

float
Level 3

Hi,

Our colleague has found the following link refer to the "0 bytes" issue.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185960

for this reason, although i restore the Information Store data failed(i might need to set up another exchange server to restore Information Store data), but i prefer to believe that diabled AOFO options when backup exchange 2003 would be help.

Many thanks.

Nigel Yu