cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012, backup two servers, rotate removable drives

RobWal
Level 2

I am trying to back up two servers to removeable hard drives that I rotate.  I had this senario working flawlessly in Backup Exec 2010 but reach roadblocks and hurtles with every attempt using Backup Exec 2012.

The two servers I am backing up are not the same and have different backup jobs so as I understand it, I am not able to use a group in this senario.  I have created two separate backup jobs, one that starts at 8:00 pm and one that starts at 11:00 pm.  The removeable hard drives are in a storage pool so I back up to the storage pool.

I want to do full backups every night, no incremental.  One job will run but the second job gets "missed"  and I get this message:

"The scheduling options selected for this job do not allow it to start later than 8:59:59 PM. It will be considered missed and rescheduled. Check the scheduling options to ensure that they allow enough time for the job to finish running before it is rescheduled."

How to I set this up so the second job can append to the removeable drive the first job writes to, but be able to overwrite on a subsequent rotation of the removeable drives?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you see this technote about scheduling and missed jobs:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH185853