cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 confusion about ESXi backup jobs

AKG_DS
Level 2

Hello,

i am new to BE2012 and so far, lets say, i am ok with it. There is just one thing that confuses me. I added our ESXi-Host. After the first job (job was successful) BE2012 created automatically two more servers in the server list. These servers are the 2 ESXi-Guests. My question is: The servers were created without backup jobs. Jobs were just created for the ESXi-Host. Is it necessary to create separate jobs for these 2 guests?

In my list it looks like this:

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

No need for backup,  these guest server objects are where you click (after a job is run to backup the same guests via the host) to create restore jobs for individual files, e-mails etc. (GRT)

Note: If you want to restore a complete Guest VM instead of files from within it then you still click on the ESX Host to start the restore process.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

No need for backup,  these guest server objects are where you click (after a job is run to backup the same guests via the host) to create restore jobs for individual files, e-mails etc. (GRT)

Note: If you want to restore a complete Guest VM instead of files from within it then you still click on the ESX Host to start the restore process.

AKG_DS
Level 2

Wow that was fast! Got it, just saw it, thank you Colin!