cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 disable password prompts

Trana
Level 3

Hi,

Anyway to disable the seemingly random prompting for the backup exec logon account password when I navigate through the console?

Please answer the question and don’t ask why I want to do it. But if you must know, the logon account is domain admin and I have Backup Exec administrators who are not domain admins, so I do not want these staff members to have this password.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well taking out the restricted configuation on your login accounts might stop that, however bear in mind that the BE console does not have any real form of Role Based Access Control as such you do need to trust any personnel that have access to the Backup Exec Admin Console.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well taking out the restricted configuation on your login accounts might stop that, however bear in mind that the BE console does not have any real form of Role Based Access Control as such you do need to trust any personnel that have access to the Backup Exec Admin Console.

Trana
Level 3

Thanks, that appears to have done the trick. I trust these junior IT guys with the backups and all BE configurations, however I dont trust them with domain admin rights to everything else.