cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 does not open

zak2011
Level 6

I am having a strange issue after having rebooted my Backup Exec 2012 server. I am not able to open the console and I get the message

'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\BackupExec.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.'

I tried running a repair with the installation, however it does not succeed. All the services seems to be running.

Please help!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

So thats the thing... It doesnt/shouldnt just disapear.. im trying to do a bit of digging but havent come up with anything as of yet... I actually deleted it from my test box and the repair was successful. Please attempt to run the repair again ... Reboot the server and report your results.. In the mean time i will be digging on my end.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

When you browse to this location do you see the .exe there ?

zak2011
Level 6

Yes when i browse to this location the BkupLnch.exe file is present.

Thanks

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Let me look into it ... i dont believe that it should be BkupLnch.exe rather BackupExec.exe is the file name that is missing... Please see Screen shot. 

zak2011
Level 6

Yes, you are right. The BackupExec.exe file is not in the list. When i went to file location it went it to

BkupLnch.exe.  How does this dissapear?

Thanks

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

So thats the thing... It doesnt/shouldnt just disapear.. im trying to do a bit of digging but havent come up with anything as of yet... I actually deleted it from my test box and the repair was successful. Please attempt to run the repair again ... Reboot the server and report your results.. In the mean time i will be digging on my end.

zak2011
Level 6

Hi Donald,

Thanks again. I was using the wrong installation media to do the repair. I downloaded the trial to do the repair and it didnt seem to go through and was asking for the media. So i went to file connect and downloaded the media file after entering my license key and then used this iso to repair Backup Exec. The repair worked and after rebooting the server, everything seems to be back to normal.

Thanks a lot for your help.