cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 emailing reports

mrnaturl
Level 3

I installed the Gold edition a little over a week ago after I obtained a new IOMEGA storage unit.

Configured alerts to email and SMS to me. The test emails worked (to an internal domain email address) last week when I tried them during configuration. Did not have time to try the SMS.

Going back to these today, to configure more reporting, I tried sending to an extrnal email address. There are no obvious errors. They appear in the active jobs icon (WHERE is the actual list to view??) for about 30 seconds then disappear. I do not see the emails in the Exchange queue waiting to send. I'm not receiving ANY of the emails externally nor any SMS.

In recipient configuration, it's simple to configure the SMS .. since I have AT&T, it's simply txt.att.net in the text message service provider box. Obviously I entered my phone number in box above. Under both alerts I unchecked the box to limit emails. After clicking send test on both email and message, I get the confirmation "A test notification has been queued for delivery to the selected recipient." It appears not to work with external addresses. I have checked the spam filtering on all external email addresses (4 different including gmail & Yahoo) and there are no messages hiding there. Is there some kind of relyaing I need to set up for both external email addresses & SMS? I do receive the test emails to my internal domain address ... but that doesn't help when I'm off-site and simply want a text regarding my backups.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Bill

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Bill,

Depends on what Exchange version you're running and what your rules are. I've seen in our environment that running Exchange 2010 has meant we have needed to set up relaying between servers. Exchange 2003 didn't care...it simply sent the mails.

Test with an internal address and if it sends to that, then relaying shouldbe checked next.

THanks!

mrnaturl
Level 3

Appreciate the response Craig.

Exchange 2003. It does email internally. Backup Exec is installed on this same server, so that's why I'm a little perplexed as to why (and even how) I would have to set up relaying. I've done relaying to accomodate my iSeries .. but of course that's a different machine/ip address.

Thanks,

Bill

SRS_Topscore
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Similar for me, test mails work. No notification mail after job completes. I use the ISP's SMTP server.

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, at my side email notifications are well working. Here are my settings:

BE Menu > Configuratioon & settings > Alerts and notifications > Emails and text notifications
Email server: @ of Exchange server
Sender email : Filled with valid address on Exchange domain

BE Menu > Configuratioon & settings > Alerts and notifications > Alert categories
 Successed Job > Enable alerts for successfull backup (Checked)
Includes job log with email notifications (checked)
Send notification to following recipients : Me@works (Checked)

BTW: if you want receiving notifications for other events (not only successfull jobs), I checked enable notification for others : fail jobs, completed jobs with exceptions...

Hope this could help
Regards