Backup Exec 2012 et conversion en virtuel

Fcorvaisier
Level 3

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord mon environnement :

BE2012 sur Win 2008R2

Cible : Win 2003

Virtualisation sur ESX 5.5

J'essai de virtualiser un serveur qui n'a pas été sauvegardé depuis une semaine pour cause de petit problème technique sur ce serveur.

Or donc quand je lance la conversion, le paramètrage ne pose pas de problème/erreur, il met laisse la tâche en

"Prêt, Périphérique de stockage non valide"

Mais de quoi parle-t-il ? Je n'arrive pas à trouver plus d'informations sur ce message, et je ne vois pas quel est la version original du message.

J'ai donc fait quelques tests pour savoir d'où ça pouvait venir.

1 - Changement de LUN pour l'ESX rien

2 - Changement du serveur ESX cible, ne fonctionne tjrs pas.

3 - Conversion d'un autre serveur encore en fonction, et là pas de problème. Il va bien me créer ma VM et commencer la restau.

4 - Essais avec une autre date, toujours rien.

Si vous avez une idée ou savez ce qu'il en est, merci d'éclairer ma lanterne...

8 REPLIES 8

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

has the media server been recently upgraded?  see this link: 

and the solution '

Re-inventory and catalog the affected media to force Backp Exec to update the Backup Exec Database with the proper location of the media."

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH213531

Fcorvaisier
Level 3

Hi,

I've been trying to inventory and catalog the media, even if it did the same with other media, and it didn't change anything. The storage is still not valid.

No changes have been done to the serveur and no migrations, the media is from last week last full.With other servers i don't have any problem... Just the one I need...

lmosla
Level 6

is this tape media?  if it is a conversion from tape run a duplicate to disk job and then trying the conversion again.

are you updated to the most recent patch level for Backup Exec 2012?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this a P2V or a B2V conversion ?

P2V is a conversion from a running backup job, whereas B2V is a conversion from existing backup sets. If existing backup sets, are these the original backup sets or the duplicated ones ?

Fcorvaisier
Level 3

Hi, and thanks for your respons.

It's a tape media et the original, not duplicated one, and it's a B2V conversion.

But i've seen that's i'm not in the last patch for BE 2012.

So i'll update and try a duplicate tape2disk before I come by.

Thanks.

Fcorvaisier
Level 3

Hi,

I'v update the BE 2012 but didn't change a thing alone, so i've copied the backups of my server from the tape to the disk and try to convert it.

But in the window it didn't propose the new duplicate backup, just the tape.

Then I re-read what VJware asked me and it's a duplicate job...

So now i'll try a SDR disk.

lmosla
Level 6

If this is a full backup you can try to run a Convert to virtual machine point in time

for reference have you seen the following links?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74210 

Physical to Virtual Conversion using Backup Exec 2012

Fcorvaisier
Level 3

I've restored the server with the SDR disc as it propose me some full backup on tape, things that it didn't do with the convert option. I had a very little choice and none was working.

So now i know that it could be quite hasardous to convert a virtual server if you need it.

Thank you.