cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 for Exchange 2013 issues on Windows Server 2012

Hisham_Abd_EL_H
Level 3
Partner

Please let me know how i can get backup/restore for exchange 2013 ( GRT) with Symantec Backup EXEC 2012, as i don't want to wait for the next release of Exec 2014.
Media Server is Widows Server 2012

Remote Servers:-

1. Mailbox Server ( Exchange 2013) over Windows Server 2012
2. CAS Server ( Exchange 2013) Over Windwos Server 2012.

3. Active Directory Server over Windows Server 2012.

I can only take backup as a flat Files, but i can't restore Single items from AD or Exchange Database

i got this error, which cause beremote service stopped on exchange Servers :

Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 14.0.1798.0, time stamp: 0x4f1e02d7
Faulting module name: esebcli2.dll, version: 15.0.516.26, time stamp: 0x5062b346
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000006890
Faulting process id: 0x5b34
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf605a211f3a0d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\beremote.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\bin\esebcli2.dll
Report Id: 651790a9-cc4d-11e3-9407-3440b58fb204
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

your quick support is highly appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Exchange 2013 GRT restore is not possible, you will have to restore the complete EDB to a recovery group and restore a mailbox from it.

See here how to restore from a non-grt backup:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77853

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE 2014 (currently deep in Beta testing) will support Exchange 2013 GRT backups and restores.

Thanks!

Hisham_Abd_EL_H
Level 3
Partner

kindly when i check backup files, i didn't find information store or Database as per attached file, i just found flat files for other items, and beremote service stopped several times, Please advise. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you on Backup Exec 2012 with Service Pack 4 + Hotfix 215906?  You need these to backup Exchange 2013.  If not, then run LiveUpdate a couple of times until it reports that there are no more updates.  After that, push out the remote agent to the Exchange server and try again.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Exchage still has to be backed up by the Exchange Agent even though GRt is not supported yet.

If you attempt to backup the file system folders that contain Exchange then Exchange specific files (EDB etc) are automatically excluded by active file exclusion, hence you will not see them in restore selections of the file system.

Hisham_Abd_EL_H
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for your support, i installed service pack 4 and hotfixes, then configrued symantec to take backup from DAG, now i can take backup for Data base & logs, how i can restore single items from database.
note that witness server of the DAG is the CAS Server. and DAG contain one memeber mailbox server.
as you can see GRT is not supported for Exchange 2013, Please advise.

6.png

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As Zerocool mentioned earlier, use the following KB for restoring individual items ~

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77853