cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 on windows server 2012

KraT_by
Level 2

Good day, everyone,

Is it possible to install Backup Exec 2012 (not agent), on Windows Server 2012 ?

I can install Backup Exec 2010 R3 in compatibilty mode.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Lothar_Müller
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Helllo

I think you know that neither Backup Exec 2010 nor Backup Exec 2012 is supported for install on Windows Server 2012? (See SCLs)

You have to wait until Backup Exec 2014 (formaly named 2012 R2) is released.

I think you will run in lots of problems if you found a way to install it (Both versions).

I thing it is not advisable at all, because no one can help you if there are errors.

If this was helpful please mark this as solution.

View solution in original post

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Krat,

BE 2010 R3 with SP3 and BE 2012 with SP2 support RAWS-based installations only. This is additional information to what has been posted above.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Lothar_Müller
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Helllo

I think you know that neither Backup Exec 2010 nor Backup Exec 2012 is supported for install on Windows Server 2012? (See SCLs)

You have to wait until Backup Exec 2014 (formaly named 2012 R2) is released.

I think you will run in lots of problems if you found a way to install it (Both versions).

I thing it is not advisable at all, because no one can help you if there are errors.

If this was helpful please mark this as solution.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Krat,

BE 2010 R3 with SP3 and BE 2012 with SP2 support RAWS-based installations only. This is additional information to what has been posted above.

Thanks!

KraT_by
Level 2

Hi guys, 

Thanks a lot! I just had to make shure in this information, and I got all what I need. 

Thank you!

karinjo
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Please, can you show us how you installed this on windows server 2012? 

Did anyone try this on WS2012 R2 ?

I have BE2012 SP4, and I try to install it on WS2012 R2 but it unsuccessful, even in compatible mode.

I know it is not supported, but if anyone installed it I would like to know how .

Thanks.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Karinjo,

Backup Exec 2014 will include agent and media server support for Windows Server 2012 R2, it is NOT yet supported.

Refer to the Software Compatibility List of BE 2012 for more details : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH175581

Refer to https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/backup-exec-2012-r2-update-news-about-windows-server-2... to know more about Windows 2012 R2 support and GA for BE 2014.

Also, you might want to open a separate thread for this.

karinjo
Level 4

I know its unsupported, but according to above posts I thought installation BE2012 sp4 on WS2012 R2 is possible.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Not yet Karinjo, Windows 2012 is supported as a remote server (not as a media server) with BE 2012 but Windows 2012 R2 (both as remote and media server) will be supported with BE 2014.

karinjo
Level 4

ok thanks Ananya;