cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 - re-calculate the next backup date

s_m_n
Level 2

I have a little problem with Backup Exec 2012.

With this version i had to create a backup job for each computer. Completely useless and time consuming.

Problem is that yesterdays backups crashed. Since i do a new full backup today i want to re-calculate the next backup date for all remaining servers.

All i can do is wait for each computers backup to start and click abort. Wait 5 minutes until the backup stops, wait for the next computers backup to start, click abort... this takes hours. I don't have time for that shit.

I tried to contact Symantec Support per e-Mail. Well, this takes more time than clicking through all the backup jobs 10 times.

I tried to contact Technical Support per phone. I just have this single simple question. I get asked half an hour useless questions about support numbers, the support guy does not even listen to me. After half an hour i stopped that shit and cancelled the phone call. The support guys just know how to make one aggressive. Never again.

So, can anyone provide an answer before i replace all symantec stuff with products from other vendors ?

The whole Symantec support is just waste of time. Unuseable.

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

I hear and understand your frustration.  Have you heard about using server groups with Backup Exec 2012? If not take a look http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH189098

s_m_n
Level 2

These "Server Groups" are not useful at all.

I have groups, but all they do is build a view to list only servers in that group. Also it does not help me with the question i have.

My question was to re-calculate all next execution dates.

All i can do in a server group is select all servers, and modify all jobs together. Problem is that every job has a different execution date to be able to set which computer has to be backed up first. This is very important because i need to start a specific job at the beginning to be able to delete my Backup Tape at the beginning. - so i can't use this.