cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012: reset password system logon account

ale_anto
Level 3

Hi,

i lost the system logon account and i need to reset. I tried to change account replacing with another one but alway ask me old password.

I also tried this http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47384 but without results.

I need to reinstall?

Thank you

bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

There is no way to sync the changes made to the BESA in AD to BE.

Open up BEutility, right-click your server name and choose the option to change the service account details. Let BEutility restart the services and this should fix things.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

What do you mean by lost the System Logon account, was it deleted from Windows/Active Directory or did you somehow delete the account from within Backup Exec (which should be difficult to do) or has someone changed the password and not correctly updated Backup Exec.

Also do you means the System Logon Account or the Service startup account as if your services have not been edited for account changes and don't start then the BE console will probably ask you for a password, even though services not started is the real problem.

ale_anto
Level 3

Changed in AD but in Backup Exec is not the same. I don't know how to syncronize with it.

The System Logon Account: i need to change it because when i try to start a backup system return credentials error. When i try to change the System Logon Account to new account i need old password.

Services started correctly.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

There is no way to sync the changes made to the BESA in AD to BE.

Open up BEutility, right-click your server name and choose the option to change the service account details. Let BEutility restart the services and this should fix things.

Thanks!