cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 will not restore from a backup

jabellas
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have tried searching but can't find an answer. I just bought a tandberg data autochanger and did a big (8tb backup) that hung after resuming twice.  I finally cancelled it but it reported in had backed up 8TB of data and used 8 tapes etc.  I see the list of files in the backup selection when I go to do a restore.

If I select less than the full backup set to restore as it tries to add the restore job it says the selection list is empty though I can see all the files listed.  If I select the full backup session to restore, it adds the job fine, picks the last tape listed in the backup job, churns for a while, completes successfully but does not restore anything.  I am at my wits end, how can I retrieve these files?

The software is up to date, running on win2008r2 x64 standard, the backup is from a local SAN.

Thanks in advance,

J.

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

re:  If I select the full backup session to restore, it adds the job fine, picks the last tape listed in the backup job, churns for a while, completes successfully but does not restore anything.

If you are doing a full restore, BE should spend time reading each of the 8 tapes.

Can you run the backup again and avoid the resumes and avoid cancelling the job?  Those glitches make me nervous.

Or retire the media and delete them, then run an inventory & catalog job (may take a while).  That will show if the tapes are usable and what is REALLY on them.

RanjuPink
Level 2

1.Run the Inventory and Catalog for Once.

2.Check the Tapes.

3.Try Reconfigure the Job.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried to backup a smaller amount of data and do a restore?  This is to test whether your tape library is working properly.