Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

Dear good morning, 

I have a problem with backup exec 2012, I can not do backup exchange 2010 Mailbox server and I get this error v-79-57344-37930. 

I explain the last weekend they wanted to implement on that server exchange 2010 DAG, however they failed to make that change so it stays with the same exchange 2010 Mailbox server. 

Now the problem is that by the exec backup tool can not do this alone backup server to the other servers if you are backing up properly. 

I restarted the mail server still does not get to the backup server exec communicate with the agent installed on the mail server. Ping when I backup exec server to the mail server if you respond. 

agradecere your help.

14 REPLIES 14

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if it cannot communicate with the RWS agent have you made sure of the following:

1. Port 10000 open on any firewalls on the servers in question?

2. Any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking the RAWS agent from communicating?

3. That the RAWS agent service is actually started up and running?

THanks!

Bash
Level 4

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error "Client Side Deduplication is enabled for this job but could not be used"

This error is only for one server. I am using Backup Exec 2012 and the server for which this error is generated is 2012 R2 Datacentre.

Thanks in Advance.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2012 supports Win 2012, but not Win 2012 R2. BE 2014 however supports both.

Bash
Level 4

Dear VJware,

So, you mean this error is because we are using BE 2012 and backing up 2012 R2 server. But Mr Vjware we have another server with 2012 R2 Datacentre which is working fine and there are no error with that particular server.

Bash
Level 4

Dear VJware,

We installed BE 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and the  Server which we are backing up is windows 2012 R2 Datacentre.

VJware
Level 6

If the environment isn't supported, it's difficult to troubleshoot further. I would recommend upgrading to BE 2014 not only since it supports Win 2012 R2, but also is largely improved over BE 2012.

Here is a KB outlining the compatibility - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH196108

Bash
Level 4

Dear ,

I would like to know that Backup Exec 2012 will support agent for Windows Server 2012R2 Datacentre or not? .If it supports windows server 2012 R2 datacentre then why it is generating this error " client side deduplication is enabled for this job but could not be used.Hope I am clear to you.

VJware
Level 6

As mentioned earlier, BE 2012 does not support Win 2012 R2.

Bash
Level 4

Dear,

Just to confirm that Backup Exec 2012 SP2 also does not support agent for Win 2012 R2

VJware
Level 6

This is correct. Even with SP2, BE 2012 does not support Win 2012 R2.

Bash
Level 4

Dear VJware,

Thanks for the reply.

Bash
Level 4

Dear VJware,

Sorry for the wrong information. I just  checked my Backup Exec version which is BE 2012 SP4. So, will this version of Backup Exec works for remote agent which is window server 2012 R2 Datacentre. Waiting for reply

Thanks & Regards,

VJware
Level 6

No version of BE 2012 supports Win 2012 R2. Currently, only BE 2014 does.

Bash
Level 4

Dear VJWare,

But we installed remote agent for two of our servers which has windows 2012 R2 using Backup Exec 2012 SP4(which is installed on windows server 2008 R2).One of the server is backing up without any error but the other server gives an error " client side deduplication is enabled for this job but could not be used". WHY?. If it is not supported then there should be an error while installing remote agent on windows server 2012 R2. .