cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - Admin panel doesn't show selected columns

today
Level 4

Below, I've snapshotted right after a right-click to show you that I've selected many more columns than are being displayed.  This snapshot was taken from the Admin software Storage tab running on the Media Server itself.  The odd thing is if I use the same account and connect to the same Media Server, but run the Admin software from another machine, all of these columns show up properly.

apwtf.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I have seen this issue, but never figured out what triggered it.

The columns are all actually there/enabled, the problem is that they are essentially zero width, so they cannot be seen.  My recovery was to play with the column divider (that controls the column witdth).  As you fiddle with it (move it left or right), you can find the hidden columns and make them a usable width.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this currently set to the "Tree" view or the "List" view ?  Just wondering if this is the case as verbatim from HOWTO99505 states:-

Different columns are available from the Tree view and from the List view. Depending on the view that you select and the storage devices that are available, only some of the columns described in the following table may appear.

today
Level 4
Thank you for the reply. In the Tape Robot Slots view mode, the Tree and List buttons are not clickable, whether in Standard or Compact mode. All the columns shown as checked and not displaying do not display even if I toggle the checkmark. All the filters are disabled. I've tried closing/restarting the Admin console. Where does Backup Exec store information about the console settings? I can't find anything from Symantec in the App Data folder.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I have seen this issue, but never figured out what triggered it.

The columns are all actually there/enabled, the problem is that they are essentially zero width, so they cannot be seen.  My recovery was to play with the column divider (that controls the column witdth).  As you fiddle with it (move it left or right), you can find the hidden columns and make them a usable width.

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Try refering to the Admin Guide starting on page 139:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7418

today
Level 4
Thank you for your reply. You are correct, you have to play with the column sizer of the columns that do show up, and then other columns will appear one by one as you keep doing it.