cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 Agent Query

Andrew__Thompso
Level 4

Hi,

Can somebody confirm that as with previous versions you can install Windows remote agents on other servers to backup files out of the box with 2014 without the need to purchase additional agents?

Im just backing up remote files. No remote exchange/sql/linux etc - just boring old windows file servers

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

then you need 1 x Remote Agent for Windows Servers per server you want to backup. Install these licenses on the media server, and push-install the agent to the remote servers.

Then select them in the backup job.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

then you need 1 x Remote Agent for Windows Servers per server you want to backup. Install these licenses on the media server, and push-install the agent to the remote servers.

Then select them in the backup job.

Thanks!

Andrew__Thompso
Level 4

Ive never had to buy a licence before to backup remote servers.

Has this changed specifically in 2014??

I have 2012 SBS edition now, that shows i am licenced for "Agent for Windows" but i dont have it installed, and i back up a remote servers files just fine.

Confused.

CraigV

You were unfortunately in violation of the license agreement. Every single server that needs to be backed up (excluding agent licenses like Exchange that include a RAWS agent!) needs a RAWS agent to be legal.

It's been like this for all versions.

Thanks!