cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014: Application Error

SpawnXX
Level 3

Yesterday PM., I had upgraded my 2012 installation to 2014. Upgrade went fine.  I manually started a VM backup job and then this morning one of the BE service was down. I looked at the event logs and found that the application has crash.

Faulting application name: beserver.exe, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d6c1

Faulting module name: beserver.exe, version: 14.1.1786.0, time stamp: 0x5371d6c1

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000660b64

Faulting process id: 0x1514

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf80bb86e30700

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe

Report Id: dd7d0a26-ecae-11e3-b916-2c59e54739cb

Also I had to swith the interface in english ( I was in french ).  I couldnt edit my jobs with the french interface. Everything is offset when you edit the vCenter jobs .

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Open up BEutility.exe and run a repair of the BEDB. See if this works, and post back with an update.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I would strongly suggest that you log formal support cases (1 for the crash and 1 for the edit jobs in French Language issue)

SpawnXX
Level 3

Hi

I tried everything I could .

Repair Catalog.

Run a Database Maintenance

Repair the BE installation

Monitored for errors in SGMON. nothing special. ( all logs were activated )

The service BE server keeps crashing.  My DB is 43GB.

Another service was also crashing when I opened the the BE interface  ( BE Management Service ).

I see the loading data screen and it stays open foreever, until I click cancel

I'm using a dedicated  SQL 2008 R2 for the database server.

This morning,  I had uninstalled everything and deleted all configuration ( I kept a copy of my catalog folder ) and reinstalled from scratch and reconfigured all my jobs and then I ran an inventory on my B2D disk.

I kept the BE GUI opens to check the process for a couple of hours then it crashed with a long .NET message .  In the event log I can see this message below.  I didnt have these issues with BE2012 btw. only incremental were broken on my VM servers.

A process crash has been detected.

Faulting application: BackupExec.exe 14.1.1786.0

Faulting module: KERNELBASE.dll 6.1.7601.18229

Fault offset 0x940d

Exception code 0xe0434352.

SpawnXX
Level 3

I forgot to ask , anyone know when Symantec will send the email to upgrade BE2012 to BE2014 for clients with a valid maintenance contrat?

I manage 22 sites with Backup Exec and none have received the email to upgrade..

Sagar_Kamat1
Level 3
Employee

Customer care is already in process of sending Backup Exec 2014 upgrade notifications to customers in valid maintenance contract. If you don’t receive an upgrade notification in the next couple of days, please contact our customer support team and they should be able to assist you:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

jimmyeao
Level 2

I have this exact same error, on a Server 2012R2 server running BE 2014.

I have a case open with support.

I will try and post any relevant help I get as and when it becomes available.