cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 BEMCLI - SDR cmdlet shows bad information using Get-BEBackupDefinition

crakeador
Level 3

Morning guys,

I have a question about the cmdlet "Get-BEBackupDefinition". When I use BEMCLI queries in some BE 2014 Servers, all jobs defined returned SDR is disabled. In some cases, it is false because checking the GUI, in each job, many jobs show the green light enabled "simplified Disaster Recovery: ON".

PS >> get-BEBackupDefinition | select name,simplifieddisasterrecoveryenabled

Name1 False

Name2 False

My question is if really the cmdlet "Get-BEBackupDefinition" filtering by simplifieddisasterrecoveryenabled shows a correct information and SDR is disabled or it is a bug,

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not aware of such an issue. Would you pls log a formal support case for us to investigate this properly ? Thanks.

crakeador
Level 3

Please can you check the attachment? you cans see an example about SDR using GUI and Powershell.

VJware
Level 6

What happens if you do not apply the filter ? Do you get the same value for the SDR field ?

Lastly, we can't really determine as to what's causing the discrepancy in the results unless we troubleshoot this issue formally. Thanks.

crakeador
Level 3

you need apply the filter because by default, this value is not showed on the console output. But, if you use PowerGui executing get-BEBackupDefinition and save this on a value

>> $information = get-BEBackupDefinition

checking the properties of this object, all jobs defined on the server have the propierty "simplifieddisasterrecoveryenabled" in $false value. You can execute the same in all Backup Exec servers that this value is always false.

crakeador
Level 3

Hi VJware,

have you finally idea idea about this problem? where can I report a bug?

VJware
Level 6

Pls log a support case for a proper investigation.