cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - Differential backup running as a full backup

mattpwyman
Level 2

We backup a Windows 2012 cluster using Backup exec 2014 sp2 which runs on a Windows  2012 server and had run fine for about 6 months. Recently the differential backups have started doing a full backup instead of a Diff.

I have tried rebuilding the backup job, using archive bit instead of modified time and reinstalling backup exec but with no luck.  The Full backup runs on a friday and runs over the weekend and we do Diff backups from Monday to Thursday.

I need this problem fixed pretty quickly as with no diffs I am relying on Weekly Full backups and hoping no ones deletes data in the week!

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are doing AV scanning on the cluster, turn it off.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Any other backup (outside of BE) running ?

mattpwyman
Level 2

Thanks for the replys, we do not have any AV on the cluster and we have no other backup running.  I am completely stumped by this, nothing on the cluster has changed at all.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the Diff run as a Full ir-respective of choosing archive bit or modified time ?

If yes, pls log a formal support case. Thanks.

mattpwyman
Level 2

Yes it does - tried both archive bit and modified time.  Yesterday I applied all available patches to see that would make a difference but its still not working properly.  I logged a call with support a few nights ago and a engineer had a look but to be honest wasn't much help.