Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014: Exchange Mbx Restore Final error: 0xe000039b

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified

Hi All,

We've been having this error:

Final error: 0xe000039b - The message cannot be restored because the message size limit has been exceeded. On the Exchange server, increase the message size limit for messages when restoring exchange 2010 mailbox.

- Master server: Windows 2008

- Exch: Windows 2008, Exch 2010

We first had this issue when using BEWS 2010 and after upgrading to BE2014, this restore issue still persist.

Anyone having the same issue?

Thank you.

Sue.

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you had a look @ this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186452

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified

Additionally, we've tried this forum too but doesn't resolve this issue.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH186452

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does restoring to .pst help ?

If not, would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review your setup. Thanks.

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified

We havent tried restoring to .pst yet. But will try and see how it goes. :)

Plus the KB link is the same as the one I've tried before.

I've increased the individual message size limits of the target mailbox to 1.4GB (max is 2GB right?).

However the restore keeps failing at below bolded line: (refer also to Error line.jpg)

Directory \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database
Mailbox \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Calendar
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Contacts
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Conversation Action Settings
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Conversation History
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Deleted Items
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Deleted Items\Conversation History
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Drafts
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Inbox
V-79-57344-923 - The message cannot be restored because the message size limit has been exceeded. On the Exchange ...

V-79-57344-923 - The message cannot be restored because the message size limit has been exceeded. On the Exchange ...

Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Journal
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\Junk E-mail
Folder \\-.com\Microsoft Information Store\dummymailbox01\Database\user1\Top of Information Store\News Feed

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified

Umm I've replied to your comment above but the post still not appearing here.

Anyway, I've yet to try restore to .pst. and the KB link is the same as the one I've posted above.

I've increased individual message size limit to 1.4GB (max is 2GB right?) but still failed to restore.

Keeps failing at \Top of Information Store\Inbox line (refer to attachment Error line.jpg in main post).

I saw from the backup set that I want to restore, the Inbox size is 1.2GB.

The target mailbox to restore is 5GB (I'm restoring to another mailbox, not original mailbox)

I'm currently asking my Exchange colleague to assist verify the actual mbx size of the source mailbox, just to eliminate the sizing issue. Could be it's a bug with BE?

Sue.

suraya
Level 4
Partner Certified

We managed to successfully restore to .pst but will still open a case with Symantec for above error when restoring individual mailbox.

Thanks.