-- DB Server - WS12R2 
-- Fileserver 2 - WS12R2 

We use deduplication Option.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are going to backup your VM's as physical servers, then you don't need the VMware agent or the V-Ray edition. However, you would need to buy a remote agent license or an Agent for Application and Databases license for each VM. Do bear in mind that you would have to receive each VM as if it is a physical machine and this will take longer than a VM recovery.

You should get a reseller to come in, take a look at your environment and advise you on what is the best option. This forum is not the place to find out about the different permutations that are possible. For one thing we cannot tell you the fee cost of each permutation and cost is one of the most important factor in deciding what to get

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Spiros,

I think you should be looking at Backup Exec V-Ray...read up on this below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/whats-included-backup-exec-v-ray-edition

Thanks!

Spiros_K_
Level 4
Certified

Hello out there,

thank all for your kind reply. 
Please let me know two things: 

Hyper-V Vmware Agent : Give the ability to take a VM Level Backup ( VMDK etc ) and to install as many RAWS as you need, but in our case we dont take any VMDK or VM Level Backup.

We take a Backup direct from VM as dedicated Server and not through VMWare ESXi using Appl and DB Agents or RAW. 
Do we need those 3x VMWare Licenses? 

The 3 ESXi are in a Cluster but we have all VM that we wanna take a backup off on the same Server
Do we need a License for each HOST-Server?

Make sense in our case to buy BE V-Ray edition ? We use Deduplication Option also. 

Regards,

Spiros 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you are going to backup your VM's as physical servers, then you don't need the VMware agent or the V-Ray edition. However, you would need to buy a remote agent license or an Agent for Application and Databases license for each VM. Do bear in mind that you would have to receive each VM as if it is a physical machine and this will take longer than a VM recovery.

You should get a reseller to come in, take a look at your environment and advise you on what is the best option. This forum is not the place to find out about the different permutations that are possible. For one thing we cannot tell you the fee cost of each permutation and cost is one of the most important factor in deciding what to get

Spiros_K_
Level 4
Certified

Thank you all for your great support.

I have now everything clear.