cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - NAS to NAS Periodic Backups

TheKid7
Level 3

Does Symantec Backup Exec 2014 have the capability to periodically sychronize (?) to NAS Servers?

I am considering buying a new NAS Server which is identical in capacity to my current NAS Server.  I have scheduled periodic file backups (from various PC's and Server's) to this existing NAS Server.  Does BackupExec 2014 have the configuration options to periodically copy files from the existing NAS Server to the new NAS Server (Including options like check if the file being copied is newer than the one on the destination Server and overwrite the older file).

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I think you are talking about disk to disk replication. Of so then the answer is no. BE can only backup a disk. It does not do file copy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2014 gives the option to "Duplicate" the backup sets from one storage device to another. You can either choose to keep different retention settings or choose the same retention as that of the original storage. Though, it doesn't give other config options such as checking if the file is newer or not.

The only configuration options given for a "Duplicate" job is storage, retention, schedule settings.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I think you are talking about disk to disk replication. Of so then the answer is no. BE can only backup a disk. It does not do file copy