cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 P2V onetime conversion failing

SanthoshH
Level 2

Hi Guys 

i need some assistance. I have been trying a P2V conversion which keeps failing with the below mentioned error. I have serached around and could find any solutions. please assist if you can. Thank you 

Backup Exec cannot determine which drive to convert to. The most likely reason is that the source ph...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SanthoshH
Level 2

Thank you pkh. I managed to do the conversion using Vmware converter. we were having issues with speed but i managed to connect the host directly to the server and do the conversion. once again thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the OS of the physical server which you are trying to convert?  Only certain versions of Windows is eligible for conversion, not Linux.  Check the SCL below to ensure that the OS is supported for conversion.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217478

SanthoshH
Level 2

Hi 

we are trying to convert a windows 2008 R2 64bit. backup exec resides on that server but we tried loading it in on another server getting the same results. Its giving me a error related to a ReFS volume. I did not excluded any volumes neither i have any external HDDs connected.

thank you for your assistance

Regards

San

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Are you aware that it is not recommended to use a VM for a media server? Accessing real devices are in most cases not supported.

SanthoshH
Level 2

Thank you pkh. I managed to do the conversion using Vmware converter. we were having issues with speed but i managed to connect the host directly to the server and do the conversion. once again thank you for your assistance.